Dandruff is a condition of the scalp that causes flakes of skin to appear. Dandruff is a common condition, which is marked by itching. In some cases, it can be embarrassing and not easy to treat.
Fortunately, dandruff can be controlled. In mild cases, one only needs to find a suitable shampoo which contains a gentle cleanser. When the dandruff is severe, a medicated shampoo will be required.
Tips to Treat & Prevent Dandruff:
These tips are very effective for treating and preventing dandruff. Follow these to get best results.
- Rinse your hair regularly for every alternate day by which the scalp gets cleaned and reduces dandruff which might spread.
- Brush your hair to remove the dead cells and massage your hair with oil as it improves the blood circulation and prevents dandruff.
- Take extra care of your hair during the winter season as during winter, the scalp gets dry easily and it becomes prone to getting dandruff.
- Use anti dandruff shampoo and conditioner to prevent and remove dandruff. There are medicated shampoos available at medicine shops as well.
- Never use hot water to wash your hair. Always wash your hair with either cold or luke warm water.
- Apply oil to your hair and leave it for overnight and wash it off with lukewarm water in the next day morning. Give hot oil massages to your scalp and hair frequently.
- Use swimming cap to cover your hair while swimming, which helps to prevent chlorine water from entering into your hair.
- Avoid scratching the itchy scalp with sharp objects or fingernails as it will injure the scalp.
- Apply homemade hair packs to prevent dandruff once a week.
- Reduce the stress level and if possible live a stress-free life which is the best remedy for many problems including dandruff.
- Drink plenty of water & eat healthy food by including leafy vegetables, fish oils and fruits. But make sure to avoid oily foods that increase dandruff.